Easter 3 - Sunday 18th April 21
Acts 3: 12-19
1 John 3:1-7
Notices & Service Sheets
Jesus, sometimes we are sad, sometimes we are amazed, sometimes we are happy. Help us to remember that however we feel, you are always with us. Amen
Today we explore feelings in faith.
This Sunday's reading is Luke 24: 36b-48 either read it yourself from your own Bible or use www.biblegateway.com .
Or you can watch a video of the story here The Road to Emmaus - YouTube
Talk Activity for now:
Sit and chat with someone at home:
Why do you think the disciples were so afraid?
What does the word 'Messiah' mean?
You are going to make a 'feelometer', so you will need some pens and pencils, ruler, paper plate, coloured cards, scissors and a split pin.
- First use the ruler to divide he plate into 8 equal sections.
- Think of 8 different feelings and write one in each section
- Write one word from this sentence in each section, around the edge...'Jesus appeared and said peace be with you.'
- Now make a small arrow out of the coloured card and attach it to the centre of the plate using a split pin.
- How do you feel today? How do you feel on a Monday morning? How do you feel on a Friday afternoon?
Jesus brings peace no matter what emotion we are experiencing.
Select 4 emojis and print or draw them onto large sheets of paper. Put them in the four corners of a room. As you walk slowly around the room, stop at each different emotion and draw or write anything you associate with that emoji e.g. by a sad face, you might write 'falling out with a friend'.
Activity for this week:
At the end of every day this week, write down the different feelings you have experienced. Know that God is with you, whatever you feel.
Why not also prepare a picnic to have with friends or family. Sit on a blanket together and share food. Talk about how the disciples felt as Jesus ate with them.
Prayer for today:
Risen Jesus, help us to be witnesses in the world, living out what we have experienced and learned today. Amen